100% online MSc Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time
This is Keele:
- 100% online MSc within 24 months
- Sought after programming and web languages taught, including Python, XML, R and Matlab
- Shortlisted for University of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards 2020
- 1st in England for course satisfaction*
- 97% of research ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally important’**
- £7,440 total fees with option to pay per module
- Keele alumni discount available *Guardian Rankings 2019
**Latest Research Excellence Framework
A flexible online Master’s geared to career success in a fast-growing field
From 2019-2020, the global AI software market grew 54% year-on-year to $22.6 billion, with similarly impressive annual growth rates forecast for the coming years (Statista 2020). The online MSc Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence from Keele University has been carefully designed to develop the knowledge and skills required to take advantage of the exponential growth of this sector and excel in artificial intelligence careers.
With no prior academic or professional experience in computer science or artificial intelligence required to enrol on the course, it is ideally suited to forward-thinking and progressive individuals who wish to embark on an exciting new career in this high-growth field. It also represents an opportunity for professionals who currently work in computer science roles and are looking to either specialise in artificial intelligence or to accelerate their career progression.
The course equips you with in-demand skills and prepares you for a wide range of careers with the fast-growing list of companies who are investing in harnessing the power of AI to improve their services and products, including: online markets; online music and video delivery; automated operations in factories and warehouses; and automated intelligent customer support services.
Set yourself up for success by studying with a university known for academic excellence
When studying an MSc Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence with Keele University, you’ll benefit from learning from academics who are world-leading experts in their field. They are actively involved in cutting-edge research, which is reflected by the fact that 97% of the university’s research was rated ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally important’ in the latest Research Excellence Framework.
The department regularly wins and is awarded funding from the leading UK research funding agencies, ESPRC and BSRC, as well as prestigious funding bodies such as the Leverhulme Trust.
An immersive online learning experience from leaders for student satisfaction
Once enrolled, you will join a community of tutors and peers in an online learning environment that has been carefully designed to enable collaboration and facilitate peer-to-peer learning, with discussion groups via online forums and multimedia academic content central to the interactive nature of the online learning experience. You will be assigned a dedicated Keele Student Success Coordinator, who will proactively support you throughout your studies, from enrolment all the way through to graduation.
Keele University has built its reputation on delivering an outstanding student experience, and our credentials for student-centricity are demonstrated by our consistent top 3 rankings for student satisfaction and course satisfaction in the National Student Survey, as well as in other surveys and rankings including the Guardian rankings (2019) and the PTES survey (2019).
What you will learn
You will develop an in-depth understanding of artificial intelligence techniques and their advanced applications in key fields, such as social media analysis, image processing and data mining, speech processing and automated marketing recommendations. You will acquire the knowledge and practical skills that are necessary to design, build, deploy and evaluate computer applications and artificial intelligence software. You will learn programming languages, including Python, R and Matlab.
Knowledge and skills taught include:
- Applications of AI and machine learning
- Mathematics for AI and data science
- Statistical data analytics and databases
- Design and programming
- User interaction design
- Software engineering
- Web technologies and security
- Research and consultancy skills
An industry-led online Master’s to set you apart in the dynamic modern world of work
The online MSc Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence can be studied from anywhere in the world, with no need to attend campus. The flexible design of this master’s means that you can fit your studies around your work and family commitments and can continue to earn and progress in your role, with no need to take a costly study break. The course is industry-led, benefitting from the department’s collaborative projects with industry partners, including the ‘Knowledge Transfer Partnership’, with Bentley Motors Ltd.
You should normally have, or be about to complete:
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK master’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant computing, IT or data management experience. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either managerial or professional capacity normally in computing, IT or data-related employment which may include development, management or significant responsibility in use of IT or data.
If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
English language requirements
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo with 95 overall including minimum 85 in each element
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
Programme Start dates
If you are based in the UK or the EU, you may be eligible for a government postgraduate loan to cover the full costs of the course.
Keele alumni discount: if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at Keele, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction, reducing total fees payable to £6,696.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £620.