100% online MA Education Leadership and Management
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time
This is Keele:
- 100% online MA within 24 months
- Top 10 in England for Education (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Top 250 in the World for Education (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2021)
- Shortlisted for University of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards 2020
- 1st in England for course satisfaction*
- 97% of research 'world leading' or 'internationally important'**
- £7,440 total fees with option to pay per module
- Keele alumni discount available
**Latest Research Excellence Framework
An online Master’s designed to develop inspirational educational leaders for a wide range of professional contexts
The 100% online MA Education Leadership and Management from Keele University is an innovative master’s degree that has been designed to develop educational leaders for public, private and not-for-profit organisations by providing them with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to lead educational developments in the modern world.
The programme equips you for progression in and promotion to careers such as school headships, heads of divisions, subject leaders, peer-mentors, policy developers, curriculum advisors, as well as business development directors and project managers. Our education graduates have gone on to diverse careers in schools and universities as well as in politics, the civil service, policy think tanks, business, national and international NGOs, local authority and creative industries, both in the UK and internationally.
Flexible online study, designed by education professionals - for education professionals
The online MA Education Leadership and Management is a bespoke course that has been designed to be compatible with the considerable time pressures of a busy professional life combined with family commitments. What sets this master’s degree apart is the flexible course structure and delivery that enables you to access course content on demand and study at the times that are convenient to you, in the locations that work for you.
There is no need to ever visit campus or press the pause button on your current career, because you can continue in your role, earn whilst you learn and apply the knowledge you develop as you progress. And the entirely online modality of the master’s has been specifically incepted to ensure that students across the UK and around the world are able to study it without needing to relocate.
Keele University has developed a specially designed online learning environment within which you will interact with module tutors and will collaborate with and learn from fellow students from around the world, in group learning activities and discussion groups via online forums. This provides you with a rich learning experience, the opportunity to learn from peers of diverse backgrounds and an invaluable means of expanding your global professional network.
What you will learn
The online MA International Education Leadership and Management develops critical and theoretical perspectives on a broad range of matters related to educational leadership and management. It equips you to demonstrate to employers a level of critical and intellectual rigour that can place you at the forefront of key educational leadership and management careers across sectors and around the world. It enables you to reflect critically on aspects of your own practice as a leader or manager and on the practice of others.
You will learn how to address the needs of executives and managers in today’s dynamic environment by focusing on strategic leadership in the context of complexity and change, as well as organisational management with respect to working together in an organisation, business ethics and the identification, mitigation and management of organisational risk and sustainability.
Knowledge and skills taught include:
- Leading in a complex world
- People management in organisations
- Inclusive education
- International education in a globalised world
- An interconnected view of education, employment and professional identity
- Reflective practice
- Research design
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Preparing and developing a dissertation
A University with leading rankings in Education and student satisfaction
Keele University is proud to have been ranked in the top 10 universities in England for Education in the Complete University Guide 2021. The University’s education credentials at a global level are also demonstrated by being ranked in the top 250 in the world in the Times Higher Education World Rankings 2021.
Key to attracting accolades of this kind in education has been the quality of teaching, research and student experience delivered by the Education Department at the University. In the latest Research Excellence Framework, 97% of our research was rated ‘world leading’ or of ‘international importance’.
You will learn from a team of education experts, many of whom are contributors to research that is shifting the dial for a variety of global issues. The department’s close ties with industry partners have helped to develop programmes that are specifically geared towards career progression and success in educational leadership and management positions.
Keele consistently ranks amongst the top universities for student satisfaction, including ranking 1st in England for overall course satisfaction in the Guardian University rankings 2019.
- A minimum of 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK master’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant experience in education. This can include a wide range of educational experiences, ranging from teaching practice, educational development, educational consultancy and advising, and a range of positions in educational organisations other than schools, universities and further education colleges, such as recruitment agencies, companies specialising in the analysis of educational institutions, government organisations, local councils, charities and NGOs/ INGOs. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
English language requirements
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo with 95 overall including minimum 85 in each element
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
Programme Start dates
If you are based in the UK or the EU, you may be eligible for a government postgraduate loan to cover the full costs of the course.
Keele alumni discount: if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at Keele, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction, reducing total fees payable to £6,696.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £620.