100% online MA International Education
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time
This is Keele:
- 100% online MA within 24 months
- Top 10 in England for Education (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Top 250 in the World for Education (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2021)
- Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework – Also Top 5 in the UK (THE ranking broad based universities)
- 1st in England for course satisfaction*
- 97% of research 'world leading' or 'internationally important'**
- £7,440 total fees with option to pay per module
- Keele alumni discount available
**Latest Research Excellence Framework
An online Master’s that equips educators for success on the international stage
The 100% online MA International Education from Keele University is an innovative master’s degree that has been designed for current and aspiring international educators who want to teach and lead effectively in a wide range of international contexts.
The programme equips you for success in careers including educational practitioner in international schools, international schools governor, government advisor, as well as business development director or project manager at International NGOs. Our education graduates have gone on to diverse careers in schools and universities as well as in politics, the civil service, policy think tanks, business, national and international NGOs, local authority and creative industries, both in the UK and internationally.
Uniquely flexible study designed for educators
At Keele University, we understand the time pressures on educators and education professionals and the demands of balancing work and study. The flexible design of this online course is such an important benefit because it means that you can access academic content at times that suit you. Crucially, this enables you to study around full-time work and family commitments and enables you to continue to earn and progress in your current role as you study.
Aligned with the international focus of this master’s degree, the entirely online delivery of the MA International Education enables you to study the course from anywhere in the world, with no geographical barriers to study. This education master’s has been created explicitly for learners who live across the UK and around the world.
Within our leading-edge online learning environment you will collaborate and interact with module tutors and fellow internationalist educators from across the globe, in group learning activities and discussion groups via online forums. This provides you with the opportunity to learn from the diverse experiences and backgrounds of peers from around the world and to build your global professional network.
What you will learn
The online MA International Education enables you to demonstrate to employers a level of critical and intellectual rigour that can place you at the forefront of key educational careers internationally. It enables you to approach education as a multi-dimensional discipline, exploring educational issues through economic, social, political and professional lenses. It equips you to reflect critically on aspects of your own practice in an international context and broaden your understanding of the latest teaching developments and education research at local, regional, national and international levels. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of the changing world of education in the context of social, political, economic and cultural globalisation.
Knowledge and skills taught include:
- Comparative international education
- Leading in a complex world
- Education and global citizenship
- International education in a globalised world
- An interconnected view of education, employment and professional identity
- Reflective practice
- Research design
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Preparing and developing a dissertation
Benefit from a leading Education department at a University that excels in student satisfaction
Keele University was ranked as one of the top 10 universities in England for Education in the Complete University Guide 2021. At an international level, Keele University was rated in the top 250 in the world in the Times Higher Education World Rankings 2021.
We firmly believe that this national and international recognition has resulted from our high standards in teaching, research and student experience. Keele was rated Gold in the latest Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), the highest rating that a university can be awarded. And 97% of our research was rated ‘world leading’ or of ‘international importance’ in the latest Research Excellence Framework.
Many of the academic team in the Education Department are leading experts in their field and are at the forefront of research that is pushing the boundaries for positive change in a variety of global issues. Our academics have worked closely with industry partners to develop programmes that are specifically geared towards career progression and success in education and specifically in international education positions.
Our ability to deliver a superb student experience is underscored by our joint 1st ranking for course satisfaction – as rated by students – in the Guardian University rankings 2019.
- A minimum of 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK master’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant experience in education. This can include a wide range of educational experiences, ranging from teaching practice, educational development, educational consultancy and advising, and a range of positions in educational organisations other than schools, universities and further education colleges, such as recruitment agencies, companies specialising in the analysis of educational institutions, government organisations, local councils, charities and NGOs/ INGOs. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
English language requirements
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo minimum 95 overall
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
Programme Start dates
If you are based in the UK or the EU, you may be eligible for a government postgraduate loan to cover the full costs of the course.
Keele alumni discount: if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at Keele, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction, reducing total fees payable to £6,696.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £620.