100% online MA Education Technology
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time
This is Keele:
- 100% online MA within 24 months
- Top 10 in England for Education (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Top 300 in the World for Education (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2023)
- Britain's Best University, as ranked by students (StudentCrowd University Awards, 2022)
- 80% of research 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent'*
- £7,440 total fees with option to pay per module
- Keele alumni discount available
A future-focused Master’s degree that prepares educators to use the power of technology to transform learners’ lives
Discover how technology can revolutionise how we teach and learn with Keele University’s 100% online MA Education Technology programme. Designed to build the skills and knowledge of teachers, lecturers, administrators, managers, e-learning developers, and trainers, it’s suitable for anyone with a keen interest in education and technology integration.
Boost your professional development and gain specialist skills through flexible postgraduate study. As well as various educational settings – from schools to universities – Keele graduates have applied their expertise to roles within policy think tanks, business, creative industries, politics, the Civil Service, local authorities, and national and international NGOs.
A flexible learning model to meet the needs of education professionals
At Keele, we understand it can be challenging to balance career development with existing commitments – both personal and professional. This programme’s flexible, modular coursework model is designed to fit around your lifestyle, enabling you to study in a way that suits you, whether it be part-time or full-time. Our learners access academic content on-demand and follow an independent, personalised study schedule, all from the comfort of home.
The programme has six different start dates to choose from, so you are also unrestricted by the traditional academic year and free to select the ideal time to begin your studies.
With 100% online teaching you can study in our digital learning environment remotely from anywhere in the world.
The programme’s specifically designed online environment offers a rich and varied learning experience. Your studies will be enhanced by personal interaction with tutors and collaboration with fellow students via discussions and group learning activities, and you will have the opportunity to build your global professional network while drawing on the diverse experiences and expertise of others.
What you will learn
From tackling key challenges in educational sectors to enhancing teaching materials and bringing them to life, technological advancements are improving the pedagogical experiences of educators and students alike.
You will develop the practical skills and expertise to apply tech innovations to full effect across a diverse range of settings and for a diverse range of purposes. Explore how digital technologies can unlock a new dimension of teaching and learning, revolutionising your professional practice and addressing critical issues in wider global education.
Knowledge and skills taught through core modules include:
- Digital technologies in teaching and learning
- An interconnected view of education, employment and professional identity
- Issues in global education
- Reflective practice
- Research design
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Preparing and developing a dissertation
A leading university with student satisfaction at its core
At Keele University, we’re proud of our standing on both the national and international stage. Study education at a university that’s listed in the top 10 in England for Education in the Complete University Guide 2021 and ranked in the top 250 universities in the world in the Times Higher Education World Rankings 2021.
Our research has real-world impact and application. In the latest Research Excellence Framework, 80% was rated as either ‘world leading’ or ‘of international importance’. This research directly enhances your learning, deepening your understanding of cutting-edge developments and ways of thinking across the discipline.
As well as working on solutions to global issues and breaking boundaries, Keele experts are passionate about developing you as an educational leader. Working closely with industry partners, and drawing on extensive experience as active practitioners, they’ve designed a programme to help you excel in your career and lead the way in your sector.
You will join a department that prioritises your experience and cares about helping you to achieve your potential. We’re ranked 1st in England for overall course satisfaction according to the Guardian University rankings 2019.
Entry requirements for home and international students
- A minimum of 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant experience in education. This can include a wide range of educational experiences, ranging from teaching practice, educational development, educational consultancy and advising, and a range of positions in educational organisations other than schools, universities and further education colleges, such as recruitment agencies, companies specialising in the analysis of educational institutions, government organisations, local councils, charities and NGOs/ INGOs. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
English language requirements
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo with 95 overall including minimum 85 in each element
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
As these programmes are delivered 100% online, you will be required to have access to a desktop computer or laptop, with an up-to-date operating system and the ability to use an up-to-date web browser such Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Webcam access would be beneficial to online learning, as some modules require submission of videos for assessment and feedback. Usage of Microsoft Office 365 is also required (access is included at no extra cost to Keele Students). Additionally, students will be required to access their learning resources using Canvas via a web browser.
Programme Start dates
If you are based in the UK or the EU, you may be eligible for a government postgraduate loan to cover the full course fees.
Keele alumni discount: if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at Keele, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction, reducing total fees payable to £6,696.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £620.