100% online MA Education
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time
This is Keele:
- 100% online MA within 24 months
- Top 10 in England for Education (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Top 250 in the World for Education (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2021)
- Shortlisted for University of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards 2020
- 1st in England for course satisfaction*
- 80% of research 'world leading' or 'internationally important'**
- £7,440 total fees with option to pay per module
- Keele alumni discount available
**Latest Research Excellence Framework
A cutting-edge online Education Master’s with a difference
The 100% online MA Education from Keele University is an innovative master’s course that has been designed for proactive and ambitious individuals who are aiming for progression, promotion and leadership in key educational roles.
The postgraduate course is ideal for a wide range of educationalists who want to inspire and transform the prospects of others – including teachers, as well as those seeking a career in educational leadership and management, policy making and educational consultancy. Our education graduates have gone on to diverse careers in educational settings such as schools and universities, as well as in politics, the civil service, policy think tanks, business, national and international NGOs, local authority and creative industries, both in the UK and internationally.
A flexible learning model created for a global audience of high-performing educational professionals
This part-time course has been specifically designed with the demanding lives of full-time professionals and individuals with family responsibilities in mind. The flexible design of the course means that you can develop your own independent study schedule and access academic content at times that suit you. This enables you to study around full-time work and family commitments, developing your professional experience without the need to make drastic life changes such as taking a potentially costly study break.
This postgraduate degree has six starts a year, so you’re not restricted by the traditional academic year and can begin your studies within weeks.
With the course being delivered entirely online, all teaching and studying can be completed without ever needing to visit campus for face-to-face sessions, which makes it an excellent fit for working professionals, across the UK and around the world.
Within our carefully tailored online learning environment you will interact and collaborate with tutors and fellow postgraduate students from across the globe, in group learning activities and discussion groups via online forums. This provides you with a rare and invaluable opportunity to develop your global professional network.
What you will learn
The distance learning MA Education develops critical and theoretical perspectives across the broad field of education. It enables you to approach education as a multi-dimensional discipline, exploring educational issues through economic, social, political and professional lenses. It progresses your professional development and equips you to reflect critically on aspects of your own practice, and widen your understanding of the latest teaching developments and education research at local, regional, national and international levels. Throughout your education studies, you will explore the changing world of education in the context of social, political, economic and cultural globalisation.
Knowledge and skills taught through core modules include:
- Creative practice
- Inclusive education
- Education and global citizenship
- An interconnected view of education, employment and professional identity
- International education in a globalised world
- Reflective practice
- Research design
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Preparing and developing a dissertation
Study with a leading Education department at a University acclaimed for student satisfaction
Keele University was recognised as one of the top 10 universities in England for Education in the Complete University Guide 2021. Our Education Department was also ranked Top 250 in the world, in the Times Higher Education World Rankings 2021.
These accolades come down to excellence in teaching, research and student experience. In the latest Research Excellence Framework, 97% of our research was rated ‘world leading’ or of ‘international importance’.
This is perhaps unsurprising given that many Keele academics are leading experts in their field, carrying out research that is pushing the boundaries for positive change in a variety of global issues. Our academics have worked closely with industry partners to develop programmes that are specifically geared towards career progression and success in education and educational leadership positions.
Our credentials in developing a superb student experience are exemplified by our joint 1st ranking for course satisfaction – as rated by students – in the Guardian University rankings 2019
Entry requirements for home and international students
- A minimum of 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK master’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant experience in education. This can include a wide range of educational experiences, ranging from teaching practice, educational development, educational consultancy and advising, and a range of positions in educational organisations other than schools, universities and further education colleges, such as recruitment agencies, companies specialising in the analysis of educational institutions, government organisations, local councils, charities and NGOs/ INGOs. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
English language requirements
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo with 95 overall including minimum 85 in each element
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
As these programmes are delivered 100% online, you will be required to have access to a desktop computer or laptop, with an up-to-date operating system and the ability to use an up-to-date web browser such Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Webcam access would be beneficial to online learning, as some modules require submission of videos for assessment and feedback. Usage of Microsoft Office 365 is also required (access is included at no extra cost to Keele Students). Additionally, students will be required to Access their learning resources using Canvas via a web browser.
Programme Start dates
If you are based in the UK or the EU, you may be eligible for a government postgraduate loan to cover the full course fees.
Keele alumni discount: if you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree at Keele, you are eligible for a 10% tuition fees reduction, reducing total fees payable to £6,696.
You pay tuition fees for each module taken, either module-by-module or in full at the start of your course.
If you pay module-by-module, you will pay in instalments of £620.